Monday, June 1, 2009

I was thinking...

Hey everyone. This is a blog spot for anyone who cares about what I have to say. I think my following may be small haha ;P

And now for the ramblings of Miss. Angela!


Creative Commons ---> Pretty rad, I think!

So, I know from experience, as a teacher, I am always afraid of reproducing work that I find on the internet. Personally, I think that anything posted online should be fair game. Of course, I know that's not possible and not fair either.

But, wouldn't it be cool if there was a place on the internet that posted pictures, videos and other information that was open for ANYONE to use??? Well, never fear. It is true.

There is a campaign out there promoting this idea, which many have dubbed Creative Commons. Here, people can publish any of their works. When these authors or producers post their information, they give the public the freedom to re-use/reproduce the data without the time consuming process of finding and crediting the original author. No middle man?? Sounds good to me!

I heard someone call this idea "Free Learning!" I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment